Besides your lovely room, what other amenities do we offer?
- A personal orientation to Montevideo, our indispensable mini-guide and a map on arrival (find out more in Insider Tips)
- Recommendations of things to do every day which only locals know about
- Direct access to our contacts, a treasure chest accrued over fifteen years
- Free wifi
- Use of the Casa's living/dining room with open-air balcony overlooking the street
- Access to a desktop computer hooked up to the internet
- Free phone calls to any fixed line in Uruguay
- Books, guidebooks, art books
- Board games for adults and kids
- Selection of Uruguayan CDs to listen to
- Use of the fully-equipped kitchen
- Tea and coffee – we have a Bialetti espresso pot
- Hair dryers, iron and ironing board
Airport transfers A professional service that's much cheaper than the airport cabs
Baby-sitting and activities for kids Have a lovely young woman who speaks great English take your under-12s out to do what typical Uruguayan kids do. She'll also baby-sit so the grown-ups can take advantage of Karen's great evening recommendations
Car parking It's really not necessary to have a car while you are in Montevideo but if you need, we can help you arrange overnight parking for around 10 USD very close by
Car rental with a trusted local provider who delivers your car to the Casa or meets you at the airport/port at no extra charge. Can be arranged in Colonia, Montevideo or Punta
Massage A trusted masseuse who speaks English and will come to the guesthouse
Tango classes We know a number of excellent tango teachers, who can provide private lessons or escort you to the Milongas
Tickets for shows and concerts Take advantage of Montevideo's great cultural offerings at remarkably low prices
Tours including for specialist interest eg soccer, wine, Jewish, candombe drumming, marijuana and adventure tourism outside Montevideo
Ambientation for celebrations Perfect for honeymooners, birthdays and anniversaries.
Up to 7 people
Three couple looking to hang out together over a long weekend?
Attending a wedding in Montevideo and want a charming, central location?
Two families with kids looking for a special place to meet up with trusted baby-sitting?
Take over Casa Sarandi!
Contact us for special rates for group bookings.
Who IS the couple?
Mercedes and Pablo pictured at the top of the page run Dueto, a lovely art-deco restaurant, a couple of blocks from the Casa. Knowing that some of our guests prefer to eat earlier than the norm if we call they will happily open up early.
In Latin America great service is all about personal recommendation and relationships that take TIME to cultivate.
Just like the friendships we've built with Miguel, the owner of the Museo del Vino who will reserve a great table for our guests, Jorg the director of the Andes 1972 Museum who will give our guests a personal tour if he is available and Mariño Sport the car rental company who didn't charge our French guest a penny for a broken window.